Thursday 5 November 2015

Charles Isidi relates his personal experience on stuttering and the view of society.....

Charles Isidi is a guy i have always admired, we attended the same secondary school and same university, he is a great writer and his brain specially formed with Gold, i feel he solves maths faster than a calculator, he does not nid a calculator to multiply 3815 multiplied by 506 unlike some of us who must use one. Charles never gives up, he is a fighter. I remember our secondary school days, he was in science class and i was in art class, admiring his smartness and intelligence, i decided to pop the question.....

Mr Aimiemode, 'hope i got the spelling of his name right o' our government teacher had just finish teaching us a topic 'Loi Cadre' meaning 'Outlined Law'.

Charles what is the 'Loi Cadre Gravitation', looking surprised, he replied what is that? and i smiled and said its science!  i left him feeling good with the mischief i had just created.

Never giving up! Charles had done all possible research and consulted his science teachers but to no avail, he walked up to me the other day and said, there is nothing like 'Loi Cadre Gravitation' and i replied 'Loi Cadre means Outline Law, so you are just suppose to tell me the outlined law of gravitation'

Read Charles' story below....

This story is sweet like Nne Amaka's oil buns, sorry was a long time obsession until she stopped making the buns. Erm this story is about something I hardly ever talk about and how I've learned to be happy.
Enjoy the read and please share, you could help someone struggling with stuttering and acceptance or better still warn someone who thinks he is basketmouth and can say what he likes.
‪#‎stammering‬ is my ‪#‎SUPERPOWER‬
Charles Isidi added 2 new photos.
7 hrs
Stammering is my super power!
This is not intended to be a pity party, maybe it is... Lol. I've had this on my mind but for quite a while I've asked if it's worth sharing.
Yes you love what I write and thank God I've never had to send you a voice note, you just might freak out... Just kidding. Last night hurt and it hurt bad... I Was talking to a bus driver about my change and he started mimicking me... Poor guy, I just walked away.
I wrote this post for my primary school health education teacher; Mrs Idehen, i never forget a face, not hers I wouldn't, 11:30am before lunch break, she would call me every Tuesday and Thursday to read in front of the class, you remember that Ilesanmi book yeah, I would repeat my words uncontrollably and watch my classmates crack up, couldn't tell my dad and mum either, daddy wasn't ever a patient listener, in fact till date I feel like he doesn't know I stutter, we never spoke about it, he just plays deaf, my daddy is a better actor than George Clooney... mummy would just cut me halfway and start making me listen to how her day went, and ladies you should date me, I am a good listener, not because I like to, but because I... I... I... Have to and that's not all, I also offer you a whole lifetime's Ro Ro Romance. I forgive Mrs Idehen, Christ would want me to.
These days I don't stop buses screaming "stop" nah, I just knock on the bus, wouldn't want to give people free Comedy Central. and no don't tell me it's okay, do you know how many bus drivers are rich because I can't negotiate, or how I buy stuff from supermarkets because I can't handle arguing, that shii gets to me... Like bad!
Talking to Laurie Idahosa and Teajay Chunu sometime last year and Feb Jr walks in and passionately asks "mom, why is he repeating his words" Classic reply and two thumbs up "erm, he's got lots of things in his head, he thinks faster than he speaks" that got him off my back buh really...
Julibravo, you are a rat. Once when I discussed this with you, your foolish reply was... "i sorta love to listen to you, it's cool to listen to wisdom trickle in bits" whaaaaaaat.
Once at a radio show I almost declined in Enugu, a lady called in on the show to say "hey Charles, it's cool, how can someone stutter and be smart at the same time, wow!" it's cool to be the guy who breaks the jinx buh... Lady come on, are you saying, pardon me, 70 million people plus 5% of all kids born stutter, and you think 1 person can't be smart enough to solve algebra! Jesus, Gimme some credit, how about I say that 2^22 is 4194304 and no, I didn't use a calculator, it's simple arithmetic... Hahahahaha.
I don't think it's cool mimicking me or anyone for that matter, except you are my girlfriend and we are at a dinner date and I can't smear your make up with a hot slap... Yet.
Be nice, stay cool, don't do drugs... Without me, one more thing, I think MTN should give me more time on the phone, you think so yeah? Me too.

I actually stole the story from his facebook page because i feel he has so much to give us and if we have a lot of people like him, the world will be a better place.

No comments:

Post a Comment