Wednesday 4 November 2015

REGISTERING FOR PMP EXAMINATION - THE JOURNEY


Considering my love for the Project Management profession and the need for professionalism in managing community development projects, i decided to take the PMP exams. Having access to an internet was not sufficient, unlike i thought, it was not as simple as filling out a form on 'google form', the registration was a major hurdle i needed to cross.

Image result for IMAGES OF AFRICAN USING A LAPTOP


I got to know about the value of the PMP certification during my NYSC year, i have managed various project teams without actually knowing the depth of the profession, i had carried out community development projects without the actual education of how to manage them, though they were successful but could have been  better had i followed PMI framework for handling project and then i got hint of the Project Management Professional exams. I researched online and discovered that it was the exact education i needed to bring professionalism into what had become my passion.

I read about the Project Management Institute and decided to take the PMP exams to become a certified project manager. I can remember waking up that day so excited as i had planned to register as i visualised the registration process as just filling a form and making the necessary payment, i did not even read up the requirements for the registration but later that day as i sat in front of my computer and perused the PMI website, i met the brick wall - a new project, the PMP registration, a hard nut to crack.
After a hard time researching considering the fact that i did not have the money to pay one of those big project management school to help with the registration as they charged 60,000 naira on the average, I then discovered the solution, I successfully registered for my PMP exam without paying a dime to any one and without having to go through an audit process by PMI.

 I sat for the PMP exam on the 14th of September, 2015 and passed. It was very challenging but with the help of self study and other materials i downloaded,  i suceeded. Hence, i decided to share the secret with every other potential PMP credential holder and provide assistance as needed, comment on this post and send a mail to me at annabelobadan@gmail.com .

No comments:

Post a Comment